Whether it is online or offline casino platform, roulette is one of the favorite games of the players. The game needs pure luck but still you can use some strategies to maximize your chances of winning. The game has a wheel with numbers and a spinning ball and the players have to predict the number where the ball would fall. If you are playing at online casinos then you can get some free bonuses like free spins or no deposit bonus which can be used in many other games as well. But when you choose to play roulette you need to know some basic things. There are two types of roulette: European roulette and American roulette. The only difference is about number of zeros. The America roulette has extra zero so it has higher house edge.
Once the players at the table they can place the bets. The bets can be on 1, 2, and up to 18 numbers or on the red or black colors of the numbers as well as on whether the number will be odd or even, small or big. The players can place as many bets as they want. Once all the bets are placed, an online dealer or the machine will spin the wheel and launches the ball.
The ball lands and determines the winning number and the croupier pays out the winnings. All the bets that did not win, are swept away. The players can stay and play or leave the table.
Types Of Bets In Roulette
Betting in the game of roulette is very easy. The players can place two types of roulette bets i.e. inside and outside bets which differ by the numbers they cover and by the winning payouts.
Inside roulette bets are the bets placed inside the numbered grid of the roulette table layouts. These are the following bets:
- The first one is the one number or straight-up bet with a 35 to 1 payout.
- The two number bets or split bet covers two numbers and pays out 17 to 1.
- The three-number or street bet brings the win of 11 to 1.
- The four-number bet is also known as the corner bet and it pays out 8 to 1.
- The five-number is available in American roulette only and pays out 6 to 1. The last inside roulette bet is the 6 number or line bet with a payout of 5 to 1.
Outside bets are the roulette bets that are placed outside the number grid on the roulette table and cover the groups of numbers. Outside roulette bets include:
- The low or high bet is placed on 18 low or 18 high numbers and pays out even money.
- The 12 number or column bet has a higher payout of 2 to 1.
- The Dozen bet also covers 12 numbers and pays out 2 to 1.
- The red or black bet brings a win of 1 to 1.
- The even or odd bet also pays out even money.
The roulette table has the necessary information about all the bets available that will help even the first-time player. Now you understand how to play roulette and know all about roulette so you can try it on online or offline casinos.