- Risk of Bursting: A tire with an air bubble is unpredictable and could burst at any moment, regardless of the distance or speed.
- Causes: Such bubbles usually result from an impact, like hitting a pothole, especially with low-profile tires. The inner fabric of the tire weakens, making it susceptible to bursting.
- Immediate Action: It's highly recommended to replace the tire as soon as possible. Even a short drive could be risky. If you have a spare tire or a donut, use it immediately.
- Potential Damage: A burst tire can lead to a blowout, causing damage not just to the tire but also to the wheel and potentially leading to a dangerous driving situation.
- Prevention: Regularly inspect your tires for damage, maintain proper inflation, and avoid impacts like potholes or curbs to prevent such occurrences.
- Professional Advice: Consult with a tire expert or mechanic immediately. They can assess the severity and suggest the safest course of action.
Please login or Register to submit your answer