- General Effectiveness: Many users and mechanics believe that most fuel injector cleaners are not highly effective, especially when diluted in a full tank of fuel. However, products like Sea Foam have shown some results when used in a nearly empty tank, making the concentration stronger.
- Alcohol in Ethanol Fuel: It's noted that alcohol in ethanol fuel already has cleaning properties and can attract moisture, which might be problematic if left in the tank for extended periods.
- Quality of Fuel: Modern top-tier fuels already contain detergents effective in preventing injector deposits. Therefore, adding extra cleaners might be unnecessary for most vehicles.
- Direct Injection Engines: For direct injection engines, specific carbon cleaning chemicals are required. General additives cannot clean the back of intake valves in these engines.
- Use as Directed: If you choose to use a fuel injector cleaner, follow the product's instructions carefully. Some recommend adding the cleaner to a nearly empty tank for maximum effect, but be cautious as this could potentially clog the pickup sock in the fuel system.
- Sea Foam and Other Products: Sea Foam is frequently mentioned as effective, particularly when used in a low-fuel situation for a stronger concentration. Other products like Techron, Berryman B12, and BG 44K are also noted for their effectiveness.
- Professional Cleaning Services: For significant issues, professional injector cleaning services might be more effective than additives.
Please login or Register to submit your answer