- Check the Battery Voltage: A healthy battery should read around 12-13 volts. If it's lower, the battery might be the issue.
- Attempt to Jump-Start: If your car starts with a jump and then dies again, it's likely the battery.
- Listen for the Starter: If you hear a single click or no sound at all when trying to start the car, it might be the starter. Rapid clicking usually indicates a battery problem.
- Inspect Connections: Ensure that the battery connections and the connections to the starter are secure and free from corrosion.
- Consider Recent Changes: Since you've mentioned installing a new radio, ensure it's not draining the battery. Incorrect installation can lead to power drain.
- Test the Alternator: Although you've recently replaced the alternator, it's worth checking if it's charging the battery properly.
Please login or Register to submit your answer