- Ceramic Brake Pads:
- Pros: They are known for being quieter and less dusty compared to semi-metallic pads. Ceramic pads also tend to have a longer lifespan.
- Cons: They might not warm up as quickly in extremely cold conditions like those in Calgary. This could potentially affect their effectiveness in short commutes.
- Semi-Metallic Brake Pads:
- Pros: These pads generally offer better performance in cold weather. They also provide better heat dissipation, which can be beneficial in preventing brake fade during longer drives.
- Cons: Semi-metallic pads tend to be noisier and produce more brake dust. They might also be harsher on rotors over time.
Please login or Register to submit your answer