- DIY Options: Some users have managed to replace the muffler themselves at a much lower cost, with estimates ranging from $100 to $200, including the cost of a new muffler and necessary tools. This is a viable option if you're comfortable with basic car maintenance tasks.
- Independent Muffler Shops: Several responses suggest that local muffler or exhaust-specialist shops might offer more competitive rates for this service. It's worth checking out a few of these shops in Calgary or nearby areas for their quotes.
- Aftermarket vs. OEM Parts: Aftermarket mufflers are generally cheaper than OEM parts and can be a cost-effective alternative. However, consider the longevity and quality of these parts compared to OEM.
- Shop Around: Prices can vary widely between different repair shops. It's a good idea to get multiple quotes to ensure you're getting a fair deal.
- Potential Additional Costs: Be aware that if there is significant rust or other damage to the exhaust system, additional repairs might be necessary, which could increase the cost.
Please login or Register to submit your answer