- Pre-2015 Concerns: Earlier Honda models equipped with CVTs (before 2015) faced some reliability issues, primarily related to the transmission's belt and pulley system.
- Post-2015 Improvements: From 2015 onwards, Honda addressed these issues with stronger, more reliable components and better software calibration. This resulted in a noticeable increase in longevity and performance.
- Maintenance is Key: Regardless of the model year, regular maintenance is crucial for the longevity of the CVT. This includes timely fluid changes and avoiding extreme driving conditions.
- Real-World Feedback: Consumer feedback and mechanic reports since 2015 have been predominantly positive regarding the CVT's performance and reliability over 150,000 miles.
- Model-Specific Research: It's also worth noting that different Honda models may have slight variations in their CVT. Conducting model-specific research can provide more detailed insights.
Please login or Register to submit your answer