- Checking Fluid Levels: Before adding new fluid, ensure the engine is warm. Drive the car for a bit, park it on a level surface, and then check the fluid level using the transmission dipstick.
- Selecting the Right Fluid: Use the transmission fluid type specified in your car’s manual. For your Taurus, it's crucial to use the correct variety to avoid any damage.
- Adding Fluid: Use a long, narrow funnel specifically designed for transmission fluid. This helps in avoiding spills. Insert the funnel into the dipstick tube.
- Filling Slowly: Pour the fluid slowly and in small amounts. After adding a bit, wait for a minute to let it settle, then recheck the level.
- Checking for Proper Levels: Keep adding fluid gradually until it reaches the 'Full' mark on the dipstick. Be careful not to overfill, as this can cause issues.
- Final Checks: After filling, run the engine, shift through all gears, then recheck the fluid level. Adjust if necessary.
Please login or Register to submit your answer