- Cost of Parts: Motor mounts and a dampener for your model typically range between $100 to $150. Prices can vary based on quality and brand.
- Labor Costs: The labor for this job can be intensive, especially if multiple mounts need replacement. For a vehicle like yours, labor costs can range from $250 to $400 in a small independent shop. However, these rates can be higher in dealerships or specialized repair shops.
- DIY Considerations: If you're mechanically inclined, some mounts are manageable to replace yourself, potentially saving on labor costs. However, the rear mount, which might require removing the axle, can be challenging. It's essential to balance the potential savings against the risks of incomplete or incorrect installation.
- Comparing Quotes: Your quote of $1,800 does seem on the higher end, especially considering the age and value of your car. It's advisable to get quotes from a few different repair shops for comparison. This can provide a clearer picture of the fair market price in your area.
- Partial Replacement Option: Some mechanics suggest that often only the front mount needs replacement. You might consider replacing only the most problematic mounts now and addressing others later if needed.
- Alternative Solutions: Purchasing the mounts yourself and finding a reputable local mechanic who agrees to install parts you provide could be a cost-saving alternative. Some local shops are open to this arrangement.
Please login or Register to submit your answer