- Price Range: The price of car batteries varies based on brand, type (like lead-acid or AGM - Absorbent Glass Mat), and specifications like Cold Cranking Amps (CCA). Generally, more expensive batteries offer better performance or longer warranties.
- Battery Type: Your Odyssey's original battery was an AGM type, which is generally more expensive but offers better performance. It's advisable to stick with AGM for replacements.
- Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): Higher CCA batteries are better suited for vehicles with lots of electrical accessories. For the Odyssey, a battery with higher CCA might be beneficial.
- Warranty: Look for batteries with longer warranties. Often, a longer warranty indicates better quality and longevity.
- Installation: Many auto parts stores offer free installation, which can be a convenient option. However, battery installation is usually straightforward and can be done at home if you're comfortable with it. Just be sure you have your radio code handy, as you might need it after disconnecting the battery.
- Where to Buy: Costco and Walmart often have competitive prices. Remember, all car batteries in the U.S. are made by a few companies and then branded for retailers, so brand name isn't as crucial as the specs and warranty.
Please login or Register to submit your answer