- CV Axles: Given the specific conditions you've mentioned (shaking on acceleration, fine when coasting), one common culprit could be the CV (Constant Velocity) axles, particularly if there's damage or wear.
- Engine and Transmission Mounts: While you've noted the car is fine when stationary, it's still worth checking the engine and transmission mounts. Worn-out mounts can cause shaking during specific driving conditions.
- Wheel Balancing: Even though you've recently changed the tires, it's possible they might not be properly balanced, leading to vibrations at certain speeds.
- Suspension Components: Issues with suspension components, such as struts or shocks, might also lead to shaking. Given the history of uneven tire wear, this could be a significant factor.
- Frame Damage: As you've mentioned uneven wear on the rear tires and considering the intensity of the shaking, it's advisable to check for any underlying frame damage, which could be exacerbating the issue.
Please login or Register to submit your answer