About the Java programming language
Java is one of the topmost programming languages out there today according to Inc.com. Its popularity has grown exponentially throughout the last decade because it is a powerful and flexible language for developers. Today, over 3 billion devices run Java and there are about 10 million Java developers worldwide. Java plays a major role in web servers and database applications plus it is also regarded as the number one platform for cloud-based application development. There is a huge demand for fluent Java programmers that have solid fundamental knowledge and practical skills. To become one of the sought-after employees, you can, for example, get the Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 8 Programmer credential, but first things first.
Oracle is a well-known certification vendor that has won the trust of companies and individuals worldwide. Its services and products are spread in various fields such as finances, IT, industries, development, marketing, sales, supply chain, and HCM/HR. Oracle is the body that is responsible for the certification and numerous training programs which encompass the following technologies:
- Business Intelligence
- Enterprise Management
- Operating Systems
Over 1.8 million working professionals have trained and validated their skills through Oracle. Experience has shown that the vast majority of these specialists have received massive opportunities for employment since obtaining the Oracle certification
Certified Java developer with Oracle
The Java SE platform is a product of the Oracle corporation. So,how better to validate your Java programming skills than with the help of the Oracle University? Oracle experts havedesigned certifications for individuals with fundamental, intermediate, and expert-level skills. Some of the most popular certifications are:
- Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 8 Programmer
- Oracle Certified Professional: Java SE 11 Developer
- Java Foundations Certified Junior Associate
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 Programmer (upgrade from Java SE 7)
Some of the job roles that use the Oracle Java certifications:
- Java Developer
- IT Systems Support Engineer
- General Engineer Associate
- Systems Engineer
- Technical Analyst/Developer
The average annual salary for the above job positions lies in the range of $70,000 – $124,000. These numbers vary according to the job role, job specification, and experience of the candidate. So, how to get certified?
Oracle 1Z0-808 exam
1Z0-808 is the code for the exam of the Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 Programmer certification. This is the only exam you should pass to attain your credential. 1Z0-808 is a 150-minute exam consisting of 70 multiple-choice questions. You will be assessed based on your knowledge of the following areas:
- Java Basics
- Using Operators and Decision Constructs
- Using Loop Constructs
- Working with Java Data Types
- Using and Creating Arrays
- Working with Encapsulation and Methods
- Working with Inheritance
- Handling Exceptions
- Working with Selected Classes from the Java API
You will receive your score 30 minutes upon completion of the exam, and to qualify, you will need to have a score of above 65%.
Top 5 Tips to pass Oracle 1Z0-808 exam
- Study all the required exam content through reliable resources. I personally recommend referring to the OCA: Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-808 since it is the official material. If reading is not your thing, Oracle also offers a variety of options including Training on Demand and Live Virtual Classes. If you are looking for a more cost-effective method, YouTube is a great platform that has a set of good quality content for Oracle 1Z0-808.
- Stick to good habits in programming. Once you get the hang of coding, there will be a tendency for you to take shortcuts to get to the final solution. IDE’s and their features make the tidbits of coding much easier, but remember that at the exam, you will not have any of these features by your side. Practice coding on neutral IDE’s or notepad and then test to see if your code works without any errors.
- Get used to the pressure of working under a time limit. You may have a firm grasp of Java programming fundamentals, but managing stress during an exam will be the key. Here practice becomes essential, and the Exam-labs platform is a tool that you can utilize to get the maximum out of your practice sessions. Exam-labsoffers exam dumps filled with expert-tested exam questions and answers in the form of the.vce files which you can use to simulate an actual exam environment via special software. This will help you familiarize with the exam format and interface. By repetitively undergoing an exam experience, you will be able to reduce your anxiety.
- Take the practice exams in one go. Sometimes, you tend to take short breaks from time to time while attempting a practicetest, but this is a bad practice. You should feel comfortable answering questions for 150 minutes in a row.Here too Exam-labs exam simulator comes in handy in giving you time restrictions which you wouldn’t normally have.
- Stay in touch with Oracle Java Certification communities. The official Oracle community is a place where you could get your questions answered, interact with test takers, and gain a lot of information about Java programming from experts.
Java has its roots spread across all sorts of platforms from web servers to mobile and desktop applications and more. Receiving validation as a Java Programmer or Developer from Oracle is definitely a profitable scenario in terms of job opportunities and career prospects. Upon receiving a certification, you will also be able to better promote yourself via social media. For example, according to LinkedIn, those with certification receive 6x more LinkedIn profile views. Also, practice good coding habits and enhance your performance with Exam-labs materials to successfully pass your Oracle 1Z0-808.