When you buy a new or used car, it’s common that you’ll come across numerous logos, stickers, as well as symbols on various parts of the car. With that in mind, what is the HX Plus logo on the windshield?
“HX Plus” is one of those few symbols and stickers that’s so obscure and non-descript, that it’s left most people quite puzzled. In reality, all HX Plus means is that your car comes with a remote start function.
- What Does HX Plus Mean?
- Should You Get A Remote Starter?
- Benefits Of A Remote Starter
- Considerations When Buying One
As I mentioned earlier, “HX Plus” is a line of car remote start products and systems. For anyone who may not be familiar, a remote starter allows you to start your vehicle remotely, and from a distance.
This can be particularly handy for certain circumstances. For instance, on a cold winter morning, you could start your car from the comfort of your home, allowing it to warm up before you even step out.
Typically, when you notice the “HX Plus” logo on your windshield, you may sometimes notice an antenna that bears the “HX Plus” logo, running from the remote start antenna/receiver mounted on the windshield.
From there, a cable would run under the headliner, all to the way down the A-pillar, and then under the driver-side dashboard, which connects to the remote start’s computer brain and control module.
What’s The Deal With Remote Starters?
Some newer cars today come from the factory with some sort of remote start function. However, there’s also a plethora of aftermarket, third-party options that you can retrofit to your older vehicle.
But, is it even worth investing in installing a remote start system, such as HX Plus? One of the cars that I used to own had a remote start feature, and it was no doubt a great quality-of-life inclusion.
In fact, some remote starter brands that utilize the HX Plus antenna and receiver unit even have Android and iOS apps, allowing you to start your car remotely directly from your smartphone, without needing to pull out a key.
Convenience is by far the best justification for installing a remote starter. Imagine being able to warm up your car during cold mornings or cool it down during hot summer days without physically being inside it.
Advantages Of Using A Remote Starter
If you’re thinking of installing a remote starter – HX Plus or otherwise – in your car, there are plenty of pros and benefits that you can enjoy with a remote start function:
- Convenience: Start your car from the comfort of your home or office, without having to manually get into your car. Some remote starters could even remotely start your car from thousands of feet away!
- Fuel Efficiency: A remote start could help with reducing the time your engine idles, thus, saving fuel. That could even help to small savings in your fuel bills over time, as minor as might be.
- Safety: Monitor your vehicle remotely and be alerted to any unauthorized access or tampering. However, be diligent when you’re shopping for one, as some remote starters are shockingly easy to hack.
- Comfort: By starting your car remotely and prepping your car beforehand, you can ensure your interior is at a comfortable temperature before you get in. This is a godsend during those chilly winters!
Choosing The Right Remote Starter Kit
When you are shopping around for a good remote starter kit for your car, there are certain factors to take into consideration, and in making sure you invest in a good one:
- Range: Ensure that the remote starter system has a sufficient range to cater to your needs. On average, a lot of HX Plus-compatible remote starter kits can manage a range between 500 to 5,000 feet.
- Compatibility: Not all remote start systems are compatible with all vehicles. Check for compatibility before purchasing, and it’s always a good idea to double-check to ensure that your car can even support it.
- Ease of Use: It’s a good idea to opt for systems that are user-friendly and straightforward. Some remote starters could even be used as a mobile app from your phone, though most rely on old-school key fobs.
- Price: There are great options available for every budget, so choose one that offers the best value for your money. The higher-end remote starters offer nice-to-haves like a longer range or added conveniences.